Saturday, November 19, 2011

How do I reset the "service engine soon light" on my 2005 Chevrolet Classic?

The "service engine soon" light is lit up on my 2005 Chevrolet Classic and I do not have an owners manual. How do I reset or clear it?|||Not really sure which light you mean. Not really sure which vehicle you mean either, but I'm guessing a Malibu Classic? If it's the "Service Vehicle Soon" light, the DIC (Drivers Information Center) should have some info on why it's lit. If it's the "Check Engine" light, or MIL (Malfunction Indicator Light), then that would be triggered by an emission failure. In either case, the first thing to do is find out what the problem is and fix it. Either light should turn itself off then, although the 2nd light could take a while. It can be turned off with a scanner, but will light again if the problems not fixed. It also won't pass most plug and play emissions tests.|||Get it checked. That's an emissions problem and could really screw up your car.|||pull 1 battery cable off for about a minute and rehook it, the light will go off but if you have a problem with the car the light will be back on shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment