Saturday, November 19, 2011

Why does my 2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 have trouble starting?

I have a 2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS with a 5.3L V8 and I am having trouble turning over my engine. Sometimes it will start without any problems and other times it can take multiple times. Should i think about replacing my starter, spark plugs or what? I have had this problem for awhile now but seems to be getting progressively worse. Please help.|||get to auto electrician ask for a starter motor and battery check , or take the battery to a tyre shop to be checked if both are ok then you can look at any other possibilites as it,s a 2001 car it may be a good idea to get a cylinder compresion check, before you start changing lot,s of components|||Thanks guys, the fuel pressure advice helped, I've had no problems since. You saved me quite a bit of money!

Report Abuse


|||could be fuel pressure, the next several times you go to start your car, put the key in the run position for 5 seconds before you turn the key the rest of the way, this will let the fuel pump put the full amount of pressure in the injectors as you start it. If this works then that is your problem

No comments:

Post a Comment