Saturday, November 19, 2011

What upgrades can I make on my 1986 Chevrolet Caprice to increase it's performance?

I have a 1986 Chevrolet Caprice 4 door, Box style. It has the stock 305 in it, and just about everything else is stock. I'm looking for gradual upgrades I could make, I can't afford a engine or tranny swap, so I was wondering what little upgrades could I make to increase the speed and acceleration? Gears? what Gear Ratio? Intake? Etc. Etc. Please tell me all the things you can think of that I could upgrade in this car to increase performance in the speed and acceleration areas. thank you|||headers, dual 2" exhaust pipes, dynomax super turbo mufflers.





Elec, fan if yours has a mech. fan still





Underdrive pullys





96-00 chevy truck 350 vortec heads, performer intake, 600 cfm carb, HEI dizzy, 204/214* @.050" cam





3.42 or 3.73 rear gears





2400-2600 rpm stall torque converter|||I dunno, not much short of cam headers and intake. I think for what it would cost for gear change, engine mods etc you could get a decent junk yard 350 carb motor and drop it in. If you find say 82 to 86 350 with computor carb etc it would be pretty much plug and play. More work and wiring would be TPI Camaro 305. Or gradual like you said, intake and carb, non computor HEI dist, and some exhauts cat back peices. If it's money, just have to compare. hope helped|||Full Exhaust. Bigger Air Breather. Headers. check out Edelbrock. For a full list of Parts.


http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive_new/鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment